Monday, February 7, 2011

It's still taboo to talk about FGM but ...

... every so often a woman decides to speak up and let the world know (it that is at all possible) what the consequences are of a "two-minute cut" during childhood. It of course affects their life and that for the rest of their life.

"She speaks candidly about her physical mutilation and its effects on her sex life. “I’m often reluctant to have sex,” she confides. “Sometimes I manage to reach a climax, but only because my husband helps me. We try hard to create the right mood.” But she is not content with only having occasional orgasms. “I would like to feel complete, both physically and emotionally. I want to overcome my inferiority complex.” She is considering having an operation to reverse her circumcision."

http://www.rnw.nl/english/article/reversing-female-circumcision-remains-taboo

No comments:

Post a Comment